Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nibbles and Nail Polish

Bonjour blogsphere,

The weather is getting warmer, but the sky is grey and rainy so I'm perking myself up with a nice warm cup of my Dammann Freres tea. Ever since we received a basket of their teas last Christmas, I've been a fan, but after finally taking the time to check out the shop two weeks ago and discovering the Cerisier de Chine flavor (green tea with cherry), I'm completely addicted! It's definitely a great defense against the end of winter blues.

Lapin a la Mode Picks du Jour

Fishy Feet
Fishy Feet by Lapin a la Mode featuring Bliss socks

So, while on my honeymoon to Thailand, I dicovered a phenomenal, ilbeit bizarre foot polishing method- FISH SPA! For those of you who are Ugly Betty fans, you may remember Vanessa Williams dipping her feet into a bucket of fishies for the perfect pedicure. It's a real treatment, where the fishies eat off only the dead skin, exposing healthy, soft skin. No, dear readers, it does not hurt, just tickle slightly. And afterwards (especially if the fishies are snacking for at least a half hour) I tend to feel the circulation in my feet improve. I've just discovered that a new Fish Spa has opened in Paris and am absolutely psyched to try it out, even if it is much more costly than the Thai prices. For more on the fishies themselves, click here.

To maintain soft, smooth feet at home, I love using the Spa Socks and Sock Salve from Bliss (available at Sephora). I am also a big fan of Sephora's nail polish stickers- it's like french manicures for dummies that have a seriously long lasting power!

Finally, if you are looking for some summery shoes and want classic, investment pieces, check out Jimmy Choo's new 24:7 line. The house has rereleased some of the most popular shoes of the brand in this capsule collection (including the red shoes pictured).

Click of French Culture
If you're ever jonesing for some asian cuisine while you are in Paris, the location "moins cher" is the 13th arrondisement. This area is known as the Chinatown of Paris, and is chock full of restaurants catering to many Asian tastes including Thai, Chinese, Malaysian, Szechuan, Cantonese, and Vietnamese. Usually my lovely husband and myself can gorge ourselves silly while spending half of what we would at restaurants in other areas. Also, the asian grocery store chain (HQ'ed of course in the 13th), Freres Tang, hosts every ingredient you could possibly need for cooking any type of Asian cuisine and some of the cheapest (and freshest) produce in Paris.

On that note, I'm starving- I think it's time to rustle up some dinner for my hungry husband!

A bientot!
-Liz Anne

No comments: