Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Western Dream

Bonjour Blogsphere!

It's another lazy Sunday here in grey Paris, and it is the perfect kind of day to curl up with a good book or snuggle under the covers and watch a movie. Speaking of which, yesterday my lovely husband took me out to see "From Paris with Love". While the movie did not have much of a plot and required little to no thought, we enjoyed it. Not only was it fun to see a movie that takes place in our city (especially when Thomas nudges me and goes, "Look! it's the street near Chatelet I got horribly lost on!" or when we see the 93, Paris's version of Compton, and flash back to the time we accidentally ended up there after dark when we forgot to change RERs and had to walk for more than 20 minutes to another metro station because all taxis refused to attempt to pick us up there....), we also enjoyed the references to Pulp Fiction. John Travolta really seemed to enjoy playing an insanely crazy dude as well.

But now it is Sunday evening, and we've come to the part of Sundays which I always hate- reality has started setting in that tomorrow, I have to actually work again. Bleh. Bleh bleh bleh.

Lapin a la Mode Tips du Jour


Ruffled 'Round the Edges
Ruffled 'Round the Edges by Lapin a la Mode featuring Faith boots

Ever since vintage shopping last week, I've started salavating over cowboy boots. I don't know why I suddenly want to own a pair, but I do. They can add a bit of dirt to a girlie outfit, or they can countrify an ensemble. My tip for purchasing a pair is to check vintage and consignment stores. I saw a huge selection of cowboy boots at Fripes Star for 30€. Not only are they cheaper, but having a pair of worn cowboy boots (as opposed to brand spankin' new) add a bit more authenticity to the whole look.

See that cute pink powder puff on the bottom left? That is one of my favorite Benefit products- it contains a soft glitter powder with a very light scent. It can give you a sparkle without dealing with messy powders, and is a lot more subtle than what the 13 year olds down the street are dusting all over themselves for the school dance.

Click of French Culture
My sweet husband has suggested that today's click of French culture revolve around what has him fixated on his iPhone screen- the Paris/Marseille match. The French, like many other Europeans, absolutely worship the original football- SOCCER. The biggest rivalry in French soccer is Paris Saint Germain vs. Marseille. Paris is by far the biggest city in France, but much of the rest of the French find the Parisians to be slightly snobby. Marseille, on the other hand, is mainly a blue collar city, focused on shipping routes in the Med. It is full of crime (heard of the original French Connection? This is the city.) but historically is the best team in the south of France. So, the Paris SG vs. Marseille match is a symbolic match between the proud Parisians and the rest of the country. To read more, click here. My husband, born and raised in the Paris Banlieue (suburbs) is a diehard Paris SG fan, so I will be chanting, "Paris SG c'est Magique!" tonight!

A bientot!
Liz Anne

No comments: