Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

Bouncing Down the Aisle...


Bonjour blogsphere,

After a brief two-week hiatus (I know my husband in particular missed his daily dose of fashion tips) I'm back! Refreshed. Suntanned. Officially married. Planning a wedding in a foreign country in a remote location can be quite a challenge! Everything went smoothly on the day of the ceremony, and I promise to regale all of you readers with tales from the wedding, after I conquer the 500+ e-mails awaiting me in my work inbox...


Lapin a la Mode Tip du Jour:
So, friends, I must admit that I did something completely horrible before the wedding. I went to the tanning bed. I know. I know. I KNOW. I think the trade-off of three tanning sessions (and the added skin damage) for tan wedding pictures is totally worth it. While I was there, the spa attendant convinced me to pick up HOT! Indoor Tanning Lotion by Australian Gold, and I must admit, I have never tanned faster. While I have sworn off tanning beds unless ABSOLUTELY necessary in the future, for those of you naughty people still partaking in fake-baking, definitely pick up the HOT! Lotion. As an added bonus, it smells really yummy- like chocolate and oranges!

Whether you are a perennial tanning bed user or a sun worshipper, with age you begin to notice more and more "beauty marks" appearing. Don't fear! There is a solution: Lancome Bright Expert. Back when I was still working in the cosmetics industry, I had a client that had developed a really bad pregnancy mask. I convinced her to try the Absolue Spot Serum (which was a precursor to the Bright Expert) and it really broke up a lot of the discoloration. I've heard that the Bright Expert was able to almost completely clear up her remaining discoloration. Next time I'm at the Lancome boutique, I totally plan on picking some up!

Click of French Culture:
Sticking with the wedding theme, today's topic is the ever delectible dragee- served at every French wedding! Some of you may know the dragee as Jordan Almonds- essentially, it is an almond wrapped with a light layer of chocolate and finished with a hard sugar coating. Dragees can be any color- ours were royal blue and white. Another minor tibit is that the thinner the sugar coating, the better quality of the actual dragee. You also take a look at the following detailed pictorial process of creating dragees.

That's all the time I have for today! I promise to post some wedding photos soon!

No comments: