Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Seven Days in Sunny June

Bonjour everyone!

It's another beautiful June day in Paris- the sun is shining, the weather is balmy, we are halfway to the weekend... Everyone always talks about springtime in Paris, but personally I always prefer the June/July months. There are leaves on the trees, the flowers are in bloom, and the cafes are full! I spent lunch lazing in little park near my apartment (which I consider to be my extended backyard). So peaceful to enjoy a nice parisian salad and a bottle of Badoit. I'm totally addicted to bubbly water- the bubblier, the better! Nothing is crisper and more refreshing on a hot day!

Lapin a la Mode Tip du Jour:

Summer means sandals. While are feet are vacationing from winter tights and socks; they tend to get all dried out. And no sandals, no matter how gorgeous, look good when you have cracked heels and chipped polish. One product I've always found to be quite useful over the years is softening socks- you wear them for 45 minutes, and they really help to restore the softness of your feet between pedicures. I tradionally have used Borghese; however, I recently picked up a new pair from Bliss in Sephora that seem to be quite efficient as well.

Click of French Culture:

Since the 1980s, the stars of the French music scene have gotten together each year for a benefit concert and to record a song together. The collaboration is known as Les Enfoires and the proceeds benefit a charity organization known as Restos du Cœur, which delivers hot food to the homeless. This year's song, Ici les Enfoires, is currently getting a lot of radio play; however, my favorite of the collaborations is the 2006 Le Temps Qui Court which is a remake of an old French boyband song. It's about how time flies.

And speaking of time flying... I too must run! A bientot everyone!

-Liz Anne

No comments: