Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Heart is Yearning, as Paris is Burning...

Bonjour Blogsphere!

Paris is still broiling, and by the end of yesterday evening I was completely missing the hardcore standard air-conditioning all Floridian buildings are outfitted with. Luckily, the professional photos from my wedding arrived, so I had something to distract me! :-) I'm working on a massive wedding album, and promise to post once it's finished!

I must admit, we truly had a magical wedding, thanks to the best bridesmaid ever (Katie) and my very own French Prince Charming! For any of you interested in doing a destination wedding, I highly recommend La Tranche sur Mer, on the French Atlantic Coast!

Lapin a la Mode Tip du Jour:
The Lancome Blog, which I adore, posted a great article from Vogue about the importance of sunscreen, with a few product recommendations. The best way to prevent aging/sun damage/etc. is to wear the sunscreen. One of the easiest ways to make sure your face (and neck) are protected is to make sure your daytime moisturizer has an SPF in it- you are exposed to the sun even when you do not realize it (especially driving!). No matter which one you choose, just make sure you're covered!




Click of French Culture:


France is peppered with many adorable little chateaus. In addition to making excellent wedding reception venues (we had ours at the chateau in the picture), many chateaus also double as hotels/bed and breakfasts. Quite often, they are less expensive than hotels and have ten times the charm! Besides, which girl does not dream of being a princess? While the Loire Valley is the most famous region for chateaus (there are over 300 there!), you can find them throughout France. I recommend this site or this site for if you're interested in booking a romantic getaway!





Well, my husband needs some attention, so I must be off! (Maybe I can persuade him to buy us a fan tomorrow... ;-)


A bientot readers!
-Liz Anne



No comments: