Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The sun is shining, the weather is sweet... yeah.

Bonjour Blogsphere,

Another Thursday drags on here in Paris. The sales are winding down and Parisians are starting to relocate to their summer homes. My mother in law has relocated herself to her house in the lovely La Tranche sur Mer, on the French atlantic coast and is basking in the sun's rays. I, meanwhile, continued to beg, plead, cajole with my work laptop which is still on strike. (I also tried the swearing profusely and violence threatening methods). Ah well, c'est la vie...


Lapin a la Mode Tip du Jour
Many of my friends are fans of the traditional French manicure, but are not graced with the hand coordination to successfully pull off flawless nails. And then there are those people, like me, who are prone to chipping/ruining any and all nail polish within a day of application. Sephora has invented the coolest nail product yet- the French Manicure Nail Patch! Took me 5 minutes to put on, looked better than many of my manicure efforts, and looked perfect and fresh for over a week! As an added bonus- there's NO drying time!

Click of French Culture
Last week, my American friends gloated about their long weekend courtesy of the US independence. Now, it is my turn to gloat- Tuesday, July 14 is Bastille Day, the French national holiday. Like the US, France celebrates with picnics, fireworks, and a day free from work. In Paris, there is a giant costumed ball in at the Bastille area with free music and a different theme each year. The firemen also open their doors to the public offering live demonstrations and dancing. I can't wait to put on my dancing shoes to celebrate!

A bientot readers!
-Liz Anne

No comments: