Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's 5 o'clock Somewhere (although, it's 1 am here and I'm still on a conference call)

Bonjour blogsphere,

Another day has come and gone, here in the city of lights. Unfortunately, I'm not able to enjoy this Friday night, as I'm on a conference call with the US until well past 1 am (ah the joys of having the rest of my team sit in Cupertino), but I'm looking forward to tomorrow night! We may head to Murano which is a beautiful vodka-focused bar which always has great music and gorgeous ambiance. It's possibly the hottest ticket with the Paris insiders right now- Hotel Costes, while it has great music, has gotten a bit too tourist filled. We may also try discovering a new arrondisement, or checking out the tail-end of the sales... (there are a pair of Jimmy Choo's which I'm salavating over but not sure if I can justify with our apartment-buying budget)... Oh the possibilities!

Lapin a la Mode Tip du Jour
As I have a worldwide marketing role in the very large tech company, my conference call schedule gets a little crazy- I have 7 am calls with Asia and India and 10-11 pm calls with the US on a regular basis, with the very occasional middle of the night call. The one product that saves me from having massive dark circles on a regular basis is Touche Eclat from YSL. It's definitely the best concealor every created- it can help with lines, acne, dark circles, brow highlighting, cheek highlighting, etc. If I had one make-up item I was allowed on a desert island, that would be it! And I'm not alone- makeup artists and beauty editors worldwide consider this to be an essential must-have.

Click of French Culture
With the month of August coming up, many of the Parisians are starting to head to the beaches to beat the heat, and partake in the pleasures of coasts. For those of us who are stuck here in Paris, this weekend Paris Plage opens to give us an oasis of tropical relaxation in the middle of the busy metropolis. Every year, the city of Paris closes off some streets by the river Seine and brings in palm trees, sand, deck chairs, and floating pools. There are lots of great events which happens as well, like free concerts, dance lessons, and a climbing wall. I personally can't wait!

A bientot readers!
-Liz Anne

No comments: